Quantafuel had investor call today to update investors on Skive Plant. The playback is now available on their website. It is 20 min long, worth to watch.
The call was hosted by the CEO Lars Rosenløv and COO Terje U. Eiken.
The link to the call is below:
Call highlights (emphasis added):
- We now had a time to inspect the areas of concerns which let to temporary shutdown of Skive plant on Saturday evening
- The inspections confirmed what we said on Monday – this repair can be resolved without significant costs
- This has nothing to do with Quantafuel pyrolysis process or technology. We are progressing as evidenced we have processed 200 tons of plastic in January, the same as the whole last year.
- Our experts together with our partner and two external experts firms observed the situation and proposed a permanent repair solution
- The subcontractor local company has been already assigned to repair the chamber. We will do the same improvement on all the lines.
- We expect to be back in production by mid March on at least one line
- I would like to underline that these improvements will not have effect on our previously communicated goal to have all lines in operation in Q2
- We do not view this as very significant and we concentrate to get back into production as quickly as possible.
- We do not believe the repair costs will be significant
- At the moment we believe this will be insignificant for our fully year guidance. We will provide an update on our guidance, if needed, on our quarterly call
- This incident does NOT affect the pipeline of the other QFUEL projects at all – Sunderland, Esbjerg, Dubai and Amsterdam proceeds as before
At the time of writing QFUEL is around 17NOK, up by 11% for the day. That is still 22% down from 25 NOK QFUEL was trading before the incident was announced.
We are in commissioning period. These things will be happening for some time. The call on Monday had made this a bigger issue than it seems to be. Congratulations to those who took advantage and bought shares.
The goal of the blog is to provide investment ideas for further research. I/we have a beneficial position in the shares discussed above either through stock ownership, options, or other derivatives. I wrote this article myself, and it expresses my own opinions. I am not receiving compensation for it. I have no business relationship with any company whose stock is mentioned in this article. The article does not represent investment advice. Please do your own research before making any investment action.